It’s the fourth day of the fourth month, so here for you is the month’s round up of jazz fours.
I was in a calendar frame of mind, so the tracks are in chronological order of release.
01. Paul Tremain and His Aristocrats – Four Four Rhythm
02. Edmond Hall’s Celeste Quartet – Jammin’ in Four
03. Lonnie Johnson – Four Hands Are Better Than Two
04. Ivory Chittison & Banjo Joe – My Four Reasons
05. Manhattan Transfer – Four Brothers
06. Kenny Graham – Four o’Clock Hop
07. Thelonious Monk – Four In One
08. John Abercrombie – Four On One
09. John Abercrombie & John Schofield – Four On Six
10. Misha Alperin – Fourth Impression
11. Avishai Cohen & Nitai Hershkovits – Four Verses.Continuation
12. Don Grolnick – The Four Sleepers
13. John Surman – Four Bridges
14. Michael Shrieve – Four Winds
15. Skydive Trio – Four Words
Four is the only cardinal numeral in the English language that has the same number of letters as its number value.